36 Main St, Roslyn, NY, 11576

Projects

Featured Projects

The Roslyn Grist Mill is a rare surviving Dutch-framed watermill built between 1715 and 1741...

The Mackay Estate Gate Lodge in East Hills is architecturally significant as a representative...

Architectural evidence indicates that this house was constructed around 1680. The earliest written...

Show by Village

Show by Original Use

Harriet Terry owned a subdivision behind her residence of approximately 27 lots along Church...

This house was part of the Harriet Terry subdivision of land that composed numerous lots purchased...

The property on which this house has been built has a complex and not yet fully understood early...

Best known at the home of the prominent 19th century poet and newspaper editor, William Cullen...

The original 1787 Mill at the site was built by Richard Kirk as a water-powered fulling mill which...

The tract where Montrose stands, overlooking Hempstead Harbor,was part of the 100-acre farm of...

Like its neighbor, the Stephen and Charles Smith House, Springbank rests on property that was...

When Stephen and Marinda Smith acquired this property in 1850, the eastern side of Hempstead Harbor...

A house on this site was built before 1859 as a tenant house on the 74-acre property of John R....

There was no Presbyterian congregation in Roslyn until 1849, when at the instigation of Mrs. James...

Both the Walling Map (1859) and the Beers-Comstock Map (1873) show a house on the site of the...

The origins of the "A. Nostrand house", originally sited on the west side of the Roslyn-Montrose,...

By 1875 William Cullen Bryant had accumulated approximately 165 acres for his Cedarmere estate, a...

The history of this mid 18th century house is not a clear one. Francis Skillman, whose...

The Jacob Sutton Mott House was relocated from 800 Mott's Cove Road, North, to its present site in...

By around 1920 the increasing Roslyn Presbyterian congregation began to outgrow the small building...

The land on which the Smith, Valentine, Wood House was built was carved out of a parcel of property...

Samuel Dugan, Jr. was born in Belfast, Northern Ireland, September 4, 1849. He died in Roslyn,...

On August 17th, 1843, John and Sarah Craft purchased a five-acre lot for this house from Elizabeth...

According to an oral history taken in 1972, the Villagers of Roslyn built this house for a recently...

This interesting five-bay clapboard house is a new arrival in Roslyn. It is a reassembled farmhouse...

The original section (north wing) of this fascinating house was constructed in the 1880s for...

Francis Skillman, in his letter to the Roslyn News in 1895, wrote: "The next place south of Wilson...

On the map of Roslyn in the 1873 Beers, Comstock & Cline Atlas of Long Island, a tiny structure can...

This simplified Queen Anne Revival (see Introduction) house is believed to have been built by...

The story of the John F. Remsen House is really two stories—one story relates to the development of...

The Mackay Estate Gate Lodge in East Hills is architecturally significant as a representative...

The house at #17 Hicks Street started life as a stable built about 1870. Its title chain was hard...

The house at 9 Layton Street was moved to its present site along with others in the neighborhood...

Among the largest estates ever amassed on Long Island was the enormous Renaissance –style mansion...

In 1835, John Willis, who operated a grist mill in Hempstead Harbor (now Roslyn) and (according to...

The oldest section of the house was built around 1835 for George Allen, who lived next door. Listed...

In 1863 William M. Valentine sold Henry Eastman a lot, immediately to the north of his house lot,...

John Remsen owned a large livery business in Roslyn consisting of 28 horses and more than 40...

Henry W. Eastman was born in 1826 and started his law practice in Roslyn in 1847. To supplement the...

Number 72 Main Street is the very last gasp of the Vaux fundamental design to have been built in...

With the exception of William Cullen Bryant, Henry Eastman was the most influential Roslyn...

At the General Meeting of the Town of North Hempstead in April, 1679, a "hundred akers" of land on...

The Henry Clay Thorne House was exhibited on the Landmark Society's tours for 1961 and 1962, at...

Comprehensive information about this home can be found in our Annual Tour Guides including the...

Built for Captain James Smith, commanding officer of Flower Hill’s militia in the War of 1812.He...

There is no real record of when the Roslyn Academy was established. Simon Douglas Replogle,...

The Hendrickson-Ely-Brower House is shown on both the Walling (1859) and Beers-Comstock (1873) Maps...

The Old Presbyterian parsonage is one of the best documented houses in Roslyn.The Roslyn News for...

The son of barrel and cask maker Wilson Williams, John Williams was a builder.Like many of the...

Master carpenter John S. Wood built this house for himself. He was married to Sarah Wilkey, sister...

The Samuel Dugan I house may be the earliest building in Roslyn exhibiting Italianate details...

Between 1773 and 1775, Wilson Williams, a cooper by trade, constructed the earliest part of this...

This building served as the parsonage for the Methodist church for Hempstead Harbor, which was...

Originally built on a lower slope on East Broadway’s hillside.On East Broadway it was called...

The exact date of the Warren S. Wilkey house is a mystery although there are indications it was...

The Smith-Hegeman house and the James Sexton House were moved to the present Main Street locations...

The early history of the site of the Jacob Kirby Tenant House is described in the chapter on the...

Architectural evidence indicates that this house was constructed around 1680. The earliest written...

Photography and information regarding the Kirby Office is forthcoming.

From 1870 to 1971, this workman’s cottage built by Captain Kirby was attached to the Van...

It is the smaller parcel of land, north of East Broadway and its Main Street intersection, with...

The bungalow style house located at 69 Mott Avenue was in a seriously deteriorated condition when...

This diminutive bungalow was built on land formerly owned by Elisa West. It appears that when the...

Historic postcards reveal that this charming Carpenter Gothic cottage was one of a number of...

On April 18, 1906, Katherine Duer Mackay, wife of industrialist and art collector, Clarence Mackay,...

Founded around 1860, this burial ground was a result of the Rural Cemetery Act, which sought to...

During the second quarter of the 19th century the Flushing-North Hempstead Toll Road Company was...

Armenia Carhart purchased a piece of vacant land from John and Rachel Tatterson, local Roslyn...

It is believed that the house at 1100 Old Northern Boulevard was built by Daniel Noon in 1830 and...

It is difficult to date the Mott-Gallagher House on the basis of its title chain. Structurally,...

The lot on which this house is situated was created in June of 1872 when Frederick M. Eastman and...

That part of Roslyn Village bounded by West Shore Road, Old Northern Boulevard, Mott Avenue and the...

Built by Jean Pine in 1744Dutch-speaking Hendrick Onderdonk was the largest property owner in...

The Roslyn Grist Mill is a rare surviving Dutch-framed watermill built between 1715 and 1741...

In an 1851 letter, in which he describes his boyhood in Hempstead Harbor (now Roslyn), the Right...

At time of the American Revolution, Hugh Gaines made white sheets to print his Tory paper New-York...

VALENTINE HOUSE (Courtesy of the Bryant Library) 1800: Built between 1795-1810. Possibly built by...

ROSLYN WAR MEMORIAL BUILDING (Courtesy of the Bryant Library)June 1919: Roslyn Neighborhood...

The Harbor Hill Water Tower is sited atop a hill on an open area just west of Redwood Drive, in...

The handsome Colonial Revival building known as "Woodbury Cottage" was built in 1903 by John F....

The Walling Map of 1859 shows the land at the northwest corner of Lincoln Avenue and what is now...

History of property: "Roslyn Court," now Sinclair Martin Drive, was developed in 1938, and...

The Ellen E Ward Clock Tower was commissioned by her children and dedicated to her memory in 1895....

In 1864 Roslyn’s Union Free School was organized, and four years later, like most otherschool...

The structure at #7 West Shore Road originally was built to serve as a carriage house for the...

This house was built by George W. Denton in 1875. It is not shown on the Beers-Comstock Map, which...